Monday, 8 February 2016

Never have I ever

This prompt got me thinking. I've done a lot of things in 49yrs , still there are many things I haven't.

I fear creating a bucket list more then ever now, after three wire bristled brushes with cancer in three years.

I did write about it just days after I started my first chemo cycle threeyears ago.

 How to create a Bucket List

It's a rusty fire bucket now !

Everyone supposedly has at least one thing that they would really love to do before they die. In theory , I know for me , it's Ah, the bucket list ...hey ! I don't want to even think about it

A LONG while back I started a 101 in 1001 days , it's really a list of goals. Unfulfilled in my case after too many years.

Think like the meme 101 things before I ..., 40 before 40 etc . I'm up to 50 before 50.

While I might not actively have a bucket list that I maintain or write down - I know there is such an incredible wealth of things I could try ...better to fail than never try.

No-one knows how long or little time we have here on earth ! I feel fearful and apprehensive now still facing uncertain prognosis . Talking about my mortality does my head in , my friend Meg. passing away last week from the same malignant sarcoma and genetic disease (NF) as I have and now my young uncle in his 50's receiving devastating news of his cancer's return.

Still a Bucket list is an ingenious way to motivate myself to get the most out of life.


To not to let it all pass me by, to make me feel that I can accomplish and experience something in this wonderful life. I know I don't want to be too lazy or chicken to try things just because I might fail.

This is not my bucket list , just a random list I found on google.

Never have I ever

… had to run to save my life.
… taken part in a talent show. ~ no talent Trish
… made money by performing on the street.
… broken something at a friend’s house and then not told them.
… snooped through a friend’s bathroom or bedroom without them knowing.
… walked for more than six hours. ~ Relay for Life
… jumped from a roof.
… shoplifted.
… set my or someone else’s hair on fire by accident.
… ridden a horse.
… had a bad fall because I was walking and texting.( don’t count the poles I’ve walked into)
… been arrested.
… gone surfing.
… walked out of a movie because it was bad.
… broken a bone.
… tried to cut my own hair.
… completely forgot my lines in a play.
… shot a gun.
… had a surprise party thrown for me. Worse experience ever – hated it.
… cheated on a test...that I can recall
… dined and dashed.
… gotten stitches.
… fallen in love at first sight.
… had a paranormal experience.
… accidentally said “I love you” to someone.
… hitchhiked.
… been trapped in an elevator.
… sung karaoke in front of people.
… been on TV or the radio.
… pressed send and then immediately regretted it.
… been so sun burnt I couldn’t wear a shirt.
… been awake for two days straight.
… thrown up on a roller coaster.
… dyed my hair a crazy color.
… had someone slap me across the face.
… worked with someone I hated with the burning passion of a thousand suns.
… danced in an elevator.
… cried in public because of a song.
… texted for four hours straight.
… chipped a tooth.
… gone hunting…unless you count boys
… had a tree house.
… been to a country in Asia.
… been screamed at by a customer at my job.
… spent a night in the woods with no shelter.
… read a whole novel in one day.
… gone vegan.
… been without heat for a winter or without A/C for a summer.
… gone scuba diving.
… lied about a family member dying as an excuse to get out of doing something.
… bungee jumped.
… been to a country in Africa.
… been on a fad diet.
… been to a fashion show.
… been electrocuted.
… had a bad allergic reaction.
… been in an embarrassing video that was uploaded to YouTube.
… thought I was going to drown.
… worked at a fast food restaurant.
… fainted.
… looked through someone else’s phone without their permission.
 ....  Done a nudie opps I mean undie run in public

please get behind me

I Must Confess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...