Friday 9 January 2015

Move

Such is my indecisiveness - I am choosing a new word or two to add each month, thanks to inspiration from my lovely friend Sam @Annoyed Thyroid and the delightfully inspiring Lisa from The Art of Joy.

My word for January is

 ♡ Move 
- my body more - 

and 

Declutter
my desk, home and life. 



De-cluttering will be a moving challenge in itself and I'm on it already.

I'm feeling all my clothes are tighter since I eased off running (due to the sweltering heat) and we had a 2.5 week break from dragon boat paddling.


Today, I was completely moved by spectacular customer service from Workout World - my pre-owned treadmill I purchased in my old Sydney neighbourhood April 2010 . There was no manual , though I could work out enough settings to walk and run on it.



I've searched a few times , tried placing an ad and come up with nothing!

The last week I've been experimenting with run and walk intervals, due to the heat , joint pain and possibly boredom . Boredom .

I decided to search again so I could use the Custom program settings.


More is less - intervals trick the body into working harder , then you get a rest.
I hope they are right.

Googled, as you do, and found a few random people selling the same '2009' model - emailed them with no replies. Bugger.

Then I emailed -Workout World and in less than 24hrs - Adam had emailed me an entire 30 page manual, it wasn't the computer/terminal user manual so I emailed him back and asked for MORE information !

More ...arrived in less than a few hours .

I am in treadmill paradise with the 11 page Operating computer manual. My custom settings are installed (and my right hip hurts. I think I overdid it.)

Outstanding customer service when it is an old '2009' treadmill and I wasn't the original owner. Mind you I am lusting over a new model.

I'm less impressed with Hardly Normal's customer service and we have spent a lot of $$$ there recently. I want a foot pod for my Garmin watch.

Bugger.


Anyway - My January Goals -

  1. Put together at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity on most, preferably all, days. Accumulate my 30 minutes (or more) throughout the day by combining a few shorter sessions of activity of around 10 to 15 minutes each.
  2. 30 day Challenge with situps, pushups,planks etc for core strength and arms.
  3. De-clutter (we have already half filled a dump-truck !
How are you going ?
Have you got a word for 2015 ?