Friday 6 June 2014

Nutella French Toast and Strawberries

Yield to temptation - you know you want to - Nutella French toast !
Wholemeal bread , crusts on with Flake (I'm wicked but I did paddle 17km later)

Last month I made Strawberry French Toast with Fresh Strawberries.
It's a reasonable healthy choice breakfast .
I decided to swap for Nutella - after resisting it for so long...
Hey, life is too short.

Nutella French toast

Prep time: < 5 mins
Cook time: < 5 mins

Ingredients: per serve !


2 slices sourdough bread (or wholemeal/grains & nuts if going for a healthy option)
crusts removed  (or not or if you are feeling fancy cut it heart shaped )
2-3 tsp Hazelnut spread (like Nutella - moderation may be required) 
1 medium egg 
2 tbs low fat milk 
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla bean extract 


1/2 tsp butter or 1 x spray oil -  

5 individual fresh strawberries, hulled, quartered 
  icing sugar to dust (and maybe a drizzle of maple syrup - well it goes with bacon)



Instructions 

  1. Lightly spray a small non-stick frying pan with oil or melt butter over medium heat. 
  2. Spread one slice of the bread with Nutella - Sandwich together both slices bread.
  3. Whisk the egg, milk, cinnamon and vanilla in a small bowl until combined. Dip each side of the sandwich in the egg mixture until it soaks in. 
  4. Cook sandwich in preheated pan for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden. Serve with strawberries and lightly dusted with icing sugar.
Serves: 1 (So make it over and over)

I like to add cinnamon and skip the sugar (I know ridiculous).
Cinnamon makes it smell like doughnuts divine and it is better for me. It tastes sweet too.


Trust me - it's good.
Edited to add - edition I made later.