Thursday 29 May 2014

May 29 : Random Act of Kindness

Overwhelming kindness has been  filling my cup lately. Since my second cancer diagnosis , I have been blessed my many random and planned acts of kindness.


Week Five of radiation is almost completed ; time is flying by incredibly fast or not !

Wonderful things have filled my cup - not just gifts but also good conversations, a relaxing run in the park and being cheered on by spectators , a fabulous warm 'shrug' find at the Op shop thanks to the Volunteer and more !

  • Denyse's friend , who lives locally - gifted us a massage - a well timed , incredible RAK for my husband too! She read my story which Denyse shared.



I want to share the beautiful wise words of Maya Angelou - who passed away today- she wanted all people to believe we had the power of change within us.


"My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness" ~ Maya Angelou




Blanket of care from a lovely friend and a cake !

A Warm Hug from another friend and she send me regular cards too

Box of sunshine
  • Two cakes , one from my SIL and the other my friend who gave me the purple & pink blanket... they got gobbled before a photo.

  • A lovely prize won with a huge stash of goodies.


Daily, I am astonished by the kind words, [mentions of] prayers, cards and messages , from friends and even acquaintances ;  there is no time for sadness when I feel cared for and comforted by bith friends and people who barely know me.

Remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.

Scott Adams (1957)
Creator Of Dilbert Comic Strip
 

(credit )



It is never too late to make kindness a habit...{ignore the date below I just liked the list }

download it here
Though we have little practical family support at home , others have stepped up during a really difficult time for my family and I. Our church friends have provided two meals per week while I am away and I am so very grateful.

I posted five cards two weeks ago and it felt heartwarming as I posted them thinking about the recipients .

Hopefully, I've got a few RAKS up my sleeve too for some of my fellow lodge residents next week.

Have you felt the touch of kindness recently ?
Do you pay it forward ?