(the knobby bits on Lego Bricks).
Lego Technic ~ Monster Truck - 42005 gives you an option of 2 models. Surprisingly, my 7yr olds decided to make B model and completed it pretty much between the two of them. I had to fix 1-2 things along the way.
|It is quite a large model.|
Technics theme is designed for ages 9 and up, but my seven yr olds had no trouble given the relative simplicity of the build and easy to follow instructions. The beams and axles are measured in stud lengths; axles with even lengths are colored black, and axles with odd lengths are colored grey and it is all numbered (on instructions). The pins latch into holes in beams.
It took a few days of convincing to let them allow me to
The Monster truck has a lot of strength so it can take a "boysterous" battering. Included are Steering Ball joints , wheel axles, pins, and beams. [ Note -This set has no batteries or electric motors though some sets do.] The suspension is very cool.
Not terribly exciting or pretty to look at but boy are they fun. Once all the truck body panels went on it looked great - just what a Monster Truck is supposed to look like ! The only disappointment was the mini-figures don't fit the driver's seat.
At the last minute we re-jigged it to a right hand drive and squished him in. I wanted to test it's strength , ha ha - I couldn't SMASH it (cue tears) - though the favourite taunt here is to accidentally step on your brother's model. So we crash tested how it went dropping it from table height ; 2/3 times the wheels feel off but I could still re assemble it.
Now we need to buy another Monster truck to
I am searching for a solution - a Lego Room maybe !
With Christmas in under 4wks , look no further than LEGO® toys for the perfect gift or stocking filler for all ages and stages of development from toddlers all the way up to young-at-heart adults.
Now for the giveaway -just in time for Christmas I have
3 x Monster Truck (LEGO Technic)
To win - tell me your favourite stocking stuffers ?
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and Conditions.
1.Only Australian Residents are eligible to enter.
2. Enter via Rafflecopter - entries not answering the question will be deemed invalid. The winner will be chosen by originality and creative merit, not by chance. Judges decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Additional entries permitted (as a comment) for each extra entry option.
3.There will be 3 winners -
4. Entries - Open 29/11/2013 - Close 11.59pm 12/12/13 AEST. The winners will be notified by email, and posted to mylittledrummerboys.blogspot.com.au after they reply - Winners have 7 days to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
5. The Prize is not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
6. Prizes sent out by PR firm directly will not be replaced in the event that they are stolen, lost or damaged or delayed in transit.
7. Subscribe to my blog to receive MLDB updates.
8. Follow via Facebook or Bloglovin on the sidebar.