Friday 14 June 2013

Tour De Crawf ~ 3600km Challenge.

Today alone, 40 Australian women will hear the words ‘You have breast cancer’.
Life will never be the same again. I was one of those women exactly 12 months ago today.

I posted yesterday, the raw edges are blurred, because yesterday 12 months ago I knew it was bad news (can't miss a teary technician and a quick phone call to tell me you need to go for an urgent biospy), but 'today' (a yr ago) was when the GP confirmed my worst fears.

I love sharing stories about people who undertake incredible challenges* to raise money for my favourite charities like BCNA.

Every extra dollar raised goes towards Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) works to ensure that women diagnosed with breast cancer, and their families, receive the very best information, treatment, care and support possible, no matter who they are or where they live.

Shane Crawford, legendary Brownlow medallist, BCNA Ambassador and The AFL Footy Show personality, will embark on his biggest challenge yet when he rides his bike 3,600km across Australia to raise funds and awareness for Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA).

Did you know I rode my bicycle 1100km from Melbourne to Sydney as a 22 yr old ...hardly ridden my bike since.
 Tour de Crawf – Ride to the other side is a gruelling 22-day marathon in which Shane will average 170 kilometres a day and will see him pass through towns such as Bendigo, Swan Hill, Mildura, Berri, Port Augusta, Kimba, Penong, Eucla, Madura, Norseman, Kalgoorlie, Yellowdine and Kellerberrin.
We drove across the Nullabor (twice from Sydney to Perth) in 2011 and that was fun ...we saw a bike rider or two and a StormTrooper who walked across. It's a LOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNG way and a lot of  

"Are we there yet Mum? " 
Crawf will be leaving Melbourne on Thursday 20 June and will ride across the Nullarbor to arrive in Perth on Thursday 11 July to meet the boys and appear on The AFL Footy Show live from Crown Perth.

Don’t miss out on the opportunity to send off Crawf! at a special Bon Voyage in Melbourne Crawf will get on his bike and start his 3,600km journey at 8:30am.


I'm taking part in the City to Surf 14km run  as Gold Charity Runner , raising funds for Breast Cancer Network Australia too. You can help me too I've pledged to raise $1000 - sponsor me here

(Samuel Johnson's Love Your Sister)