This intuitive new stick mixer will take your home cuisine to the next level - just like a pro...and with less mess. I admit I'm one of the messiest chefs !
In minutes you can whisk an egg, grind-up a flavoursome curry paste or blend an icy cold
The easy on the eye vibrant watermelon red or liquorice colours go hand in hand with a comfortable grip. The extra long power cord is brilliant ...for extended reach. The fact I can chop onions without tears is amazing.
The TURBOPRO stick mixer with it's 700w motor , has variable speed controls to adjust the processing for different ingredients and a turbo function, for when a little extra
I was very impressed when the mini chopper easily processed my Linseed/Flaxseed into meal - my other stick mixer couldn't do this. I've been looking for a coffee/spice/seed grinder to do it but hesitant to pay $69 - $90 for a decent one for just this purpose.
Electrolus says it has 'Professional triple blades' - similar to blades used in professional kitchens, the triple blade on the TURBOPRO stick mixer eliminates lumps and creates a velvety texture when whipping up delicious spreads. The triple blade and bell shape help to create a vortex, sucking food into the knives for a smooth result in soups, sauces, smoothies and purees.
I noted the very strong vortex when I made my frozen blueberry and banana smoothie - power plus !
|Banana , handful Frozen Blueberries, 200gm yoghurt, 100m water - 60 sec on Turbo !|
Another important feature for me was the extra long stainless steel mixing bar and open bell - designed to be used directly in pans and reach the bottom of large pots, the open shape of the stick mixer prevents food from being stuck under the blades.
I found it particularly good for smaller quantities, like making a cauliflower soup / puree or smoothie for 1 instead of
The fact that it has an anti-scratch and anti-splash design that takes care of my pots n pans while keeping my kitchen clean is another winner for me. It is a stylish , modern, one stop cooking device which will blend seamlessly into any kitchen. It comes complete with a 'swish' looking wall attachment so no hunting around in drawers or cupboards for bits and easy to access.
The new TURBOPRO stick mixer is available with a number of useful attachments including
- a large 1L mixing jug, double whisks to bring more air into the mixture and create lighter texture and
- a 1L mini chopper perfect for crushing ice, chopping nuts, mixing purees, cutting onions, herbs and spices.
- The cutter and beater attachments are ideal for the preparation of a variety of foods such as soups, creams, sauces, vegetable purees, pancakes, batter and mousses.
- It can also be used as a whisk for whipping creams, beating egg whites or making mayonnaise.
I can't wait to try this recipe from Peter Gilmore -
Cauliflower cream with roasted sea scallops
12 sea scallops
50 mls melted butter
250 gms cauliflower florets cut into small pieces
1 clove garlic
1 stickof white celery
100 gms unsalted butter
500 mls fresh chicken stock
150 mls fresh pure cream
- Finely dice the garlic, white celery and eschalot and sweat in 100 gms of butter.
- Add the cauliflower florets and sweat for a further minute making sure the vegetable do not colour. Add the chicken stock and boil rapidly until virtually no liquid remains.
- Place the contents of the pot into a 1 litre steel or plastic beaker style container.Use the Electrolux TurboPro to blend on a medium speed then increase the speed to high and puree for 1 minute until you have achieved a very smooth puree.Season to taste with sea salt and place the puree into a clean saucepan.
- Use the whisk attachment on the TurboPro to whip the fresh cream to light peaks. Fold the whipped cream through the cauliflower puree and gently reheat in the saucepan.
- Heat a non stick frypan on high, brush the sea scallops with melted butter and season with sea scallops. Pan fry the sea scallops for 1 minute on each side then drain on absorbent paper.
- Remove the cauliflower cream from the heat and process the cream once more with the Electrolux TurboPro. This will aerate your cauliflower cream even further.
Pour an equal amount of cauliflower cream in each serving bowl and top with 3 sea scallops. Serve immediately.
I think I'd try Chicken tenderloins or another white fish if scallops weren't available.
To win this vibrant Watermelon TURBO Pro stick mixer (includes mini chopper and double whisks) RRP of $139.
This is a game of skill. Each valid entry will be judged based on creativity and originality.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Only Australian Residents are eligible to enter.
2. Entries not answering the question in 100 words or less will be deemed invalid. The winner will be chosen by originality and creative merit, not by chance.
3.There is one prize - RRP $139 , actual RRP prize value may change.
Judges decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. Entries - Open 13/11/2012 - Close 11.59pm 27/11/2012 AEST. The winner(s) will be notified by email, and posted to mylittledrummerboys.blogspot.com.au - the winner has 5 days to respond or prize will be redrawn.
5. Prizes are not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
6. Prizes sent out by PR firm directly will not be replaced in the event that they are stolen, lost or damaged in transit.
7. Additional entries if you share on FB or twitter but you must leave a second valid entry answering the question in 100 words or less. Also, please leave how you shared the post in the comment.
win free stuff