Saturday 7 November 2009

Random thoughts I

Random Thoughts Part I

Who would have thought ???????

  1. More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.
  2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
  3. I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
  4. Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you're going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that noone in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk
  5. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
  6. Is it just me, or are 80% of the people in the "people you may know"feature on Facebook people that I do know, but I deliberately choose not to be friends with?
  7. There is a great need for sarcasm font or smiley.
  8. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
  9. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
  10. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.
  11. Was learning cursive really necessary?
  12. LOL has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say".
  13. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
  14. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't understand what they mumbled said?
  15. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars teams up to prevent a 'loser' from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers!
  16. Every time I have to spell a word over the phone using 'as in' examples, I will undoubtedly draw a blank and sound like a complete idiot. Today I had to spell my last name to someone and said "Yes that's G as in...(10 second lapse)..ummm...Goonies"
  17. While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel on the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart.
  18. 'Where is' (Mapquest) really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my street & neighborhood.
  19. I find it hard to believe there are actually people who get in the shower first and THEN turn on the water and scream because it's cold.
  20. Bad decisions make good stories , now even better blog posts or tweets.

(I stole this from another blog who got this by email.This is the lamest I'll be all week...day 7 of NABLOPOMO .You'll just have to wait till next week for part 2 though I shamelessly admit I deleted the really inappropriate ones and editted a few others )




Never miss a post

3 comments :

Sarah Lulu said...

I did enjoy them all.

I do I must admit now ...feign some sudden change of thought before changing direction!

Beth P. said...

Very great list! I would LOVE a sarcasm font or smiley!

Beth P. said...

BTW - I found your blog on mommyblogs and just had to follow. I can't wait to look around some more. Your boys are precious!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.