Friday 20 November 2009

Random Acts of Kindness

No matter how hard you hug your money, it never hugs back.
~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.


Kindness, like a boomerang, always returns. ~Author Unknown

It was in no way a theme or planned but 3 of my posts this week were about money.

It's quite freaky.

Monday, I wrote about a friend's lack thereof [money] due the greed of others and other injustices perpetrated. Greedy people who could have shared a substancial (well to me) sum of money but instead tried to deny others their rightful share. In doing also lost a lot more money ...the lawyers are happy.
(Dee* will still get nothing, her lawyer offered to knock 30% off her personal account due to her circumstances.
N's share is unknown , there's legal fees to be paid, taxes and other estate debts.)


Tuesday it was the money pig ...LOL Kids say the cutest things and boy do they learn quickly about money.

Thursday was a scheduled post I forgot about. It was about where do you hide your cash.Lucky because it was the day I was so busy working and then getting ready for the teen's year 10 formal (a very expensive milestone), I didn't have time to post.

Today, I received a parcel from the lovely Blossom . It was posted to me for N, the little girl I mentioned on Monday. It was some brand new, pretty clothes. I am overwhelmed by her generosity. Blossom's gorgeous daughters gave some of their own golden books and two small toys for N.

Louisa asked me if some bloggers couldn't do something. I've been so busy I didn't get to reply let alone think about it.

I was not particularly asking just her story was on my mind, and my heart. I cannot understand the difficulties Dee has faced . It's heartbreaking .Though most of us struggle to make ends met ourselves, there are some that do it with greater difficulty and without complaint.

So if anyone is interested ...maybe see the Operation Christmas Child post for small inexpenisve ideas and email me.

You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you. ~John Wooden

Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out. ~Frank A. Clark

Have you had a kindness shown?
Pass it on;
'Twas not given for thee alone,
Pass it on;
Let it travel down the years,
Let it wipe another's tears,
'Til in Heaven the deed appears -
Pass it on.
~Henry Burton, Pass It On


Tell me about some random kindness you have received ...

*Names have been changed because it could be googled
.


Never miss a post

3 comments :

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

RAKS are so lovely. I know I have been on the tail end of some and I hope I have returned some too.
It really makes a difference to people's lives.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

@tiff of course I have been on the receivig end of your RAKS ;) and you did make a difference to my life (hugs).

Mary said...

I love doing RAKs. Here is one from 2 years ago. Some people I know, not well, have a daughter named Claudia who was in year 6 and struggling with life a bit. I happened to find a series of 3 books about a girl called Claudia and gave them to her, anonymously (but with her parents' knowledge) over about 9 months. Her parents told me it gave her a terrific boost to feel that someone cared about her and she would never remotely guess that I was responsible. That was one of my favourite RAKs ever. I hope that when she grows up she will feel inspired to do a few for others. I have also received a few beauties, which are dearly treasured.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.