Friday, 17 July 2009

Ease a cold ...tell me how you do ?

Yes, I've been away and we all returned sick or sicker ...

In the blue corner, rocking ... on the recliner we have the 'man flu' with J, nursing a hearty dose of toddler temperatures , lung hacking cough , ear infection and a vomiting bug warming his lap.It is serious people.

In the brown corner ...is his twin S with temperatures, similarly hacking cough ,red ears and a bump on the head thanks to mummy lifting him into the car.

Next to S is me, with the 'wife flu' , a still sore ankle and mouth ulcers.Woe is me ...because , well because yes people man flu is much more serious than wife flu ..of course you all know that !

I spent a small fortune at the Dr's, pharmacy (x two trips) and then the supermarket for tissues and anti cough mixture (that I just discovered under 5's can't have - poor babies) Mouth ulcer gel, and other 'commercial' natural remedies ...Ease a Cold please tell me it works.

So I am asking what do you do to ease a cold /flu ... Kate has already been suggested I send him to his mother ;). Unfortunately , the same toddler warming his lap has a serious case of Daddy adoration and I'd miss him...well both of them (never mind the whinging).

I act out of love in caring for them all and I really don't mind.I know I can handle things better being a former nurse and all.

One of my favourite quotes last week
# 40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.

My friend Janice thinks

Love is more than three words mumbled before bedtime. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day.

I agree and I meditate on these four words well being a family blog ... This, too will pass ...

Seriously ...what do you do when you have a cold /flu symptoms to ease them ?

Share your best tips ...please and help me out !

Ps S is now asleep cuddled up to me on the lounge ... yes he is still sick it is now even 8pm and no where near HIS IDEA of bedtime and OMG he hasn't had his milky.



Never miss a post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...