Tuesday 2 June 2009

Facebook privacy settings

Recently, I found a link here to a very important tutorial on how to configure, possibly, some very essential privacy settings on FB.

Little known and so little did I know. It is a very easy to understand blog article with direct links.
"Ten Privacy Settings Every Facebook User Should Know."

The blog All Facebook is an unofficial FB resource.

Remember when using any social media networks that it is the user's responsibility to set the levels of privacy -user beware.

Recently I wondered how FB tried to pick new friends for me ~ I realise one way was directly from anyone who has ever emailed me.
Some of them I may not want me as their friends ;) so i don't even try ...others well what can I say ...
Strangely enough also if you have a few friends in common that have someone else in common ...like my three cousin's father's (my ex uncle) new wife was a friend suggestion. WT ?

Anyway the last few days I finally worked out twitter (d'oh) and I am enjoying the distraction ...though you can't chose your 'friends' ...you can block them but of course I am not talking about any of you ;).

Never miss a post

5 comments :

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog!! I hope I am at the right one of your's......
About Friday Shoot-Outs, oh yes anyone can join and please do. That Natalie is a sweetheart isn't she? I lover her to pieces :)
If you'd like to participate, comment me back and then please stroll over to Gordon's blog @FridayShoot-OutsFrom Florida" and he'll add you to our list. (It's not like having to "join" anything per se, it's just so that other shooter's can see your name on the list and have a look at yours snaps).
This Friday's subject is "RANDOM" so it should really be interesting.
Have a fantastic day!!

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Unknown said...

Hey! I didn't know you were on FB! You can find me on there too.

Just thought I'd mention the give away I'm having on my blog.

http://lifeonmanitoulin.blogspot.com/2009/06/this-can-save-your-childs-life.html

Jayne said...

I don't use FB myself but that's good to know that there are privacy settings available, especially for teens who might inadvertently let slip details.
Love the photos of the boys :)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Thanks for the resource on FB. I'm checking it out.

Lilly said...

I don't use FB just because I have no time for anything other than blogging. It does scare me a bit tht now employers are using FB and other sites to check on new employees. I don't know some of all of this stuff scares me somewhat so its good you have found that link and hope that others may use it too.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.