Friday, 24 April 2009

Everyone needs some body ...

So do you like quizzes ? The ones you find in magazines.
Are you a good spouse ?
How romantic are you ?
Are you a good friend ?
Blah blah blah !

When you find one do you mentally see how you rate ?
Do you cheat to get the right answer ?
Are you brave enough to fill in the blanks (& honestly)?
Do you leave it lying around for others to see ? ... not me !

I digress . I am struggling to get through what I have to do let alone what I want to do with regards to keeping up with friends. I feel a bad friend at the moment.

So I wondered ...

How do you encourage others?
  • call them
  • email them
  • twitter or facebook personal message (PM) them
  • commenton their blog diligently
  • send them a note or card via snail mail
  • visit or plan a date to meet
  • Tell them you are thinking of them or just think of them (it is the thought that counts)
  • Pray for them ... ( maybe you don't tell them)
  • Buy, make ,bake or take them something special (or post it)

2. How do you show them that you care?
  • call them
  • email them
  • Twitter or Facebook personal message (PM) them
  • comment on their blog diligently
  • send them a note or card via snail mail
  • visit or plan a date to meet
  • Tell them you are thinking of them or just think of them (it is the thought that counts)
  • Pray for them ... ( maybe you don't tell them)
  • Buy, make ,bake or take (send) them something special (or post it)

3. How do you thank someone?
  • call them
  • email them
  • Twitter or Facebook or personal message (PM) them
  • comment on their blog diligently
  • send them a note or card via snail mail
  • visit or plan a date to meet
  • Tell them you are thinking of them or just think of them (it is the thought that counts)
  • Pray for them ... ( maybe you don't tell them)
  • Buy, make ,bake or take them something special (or post it)
4. How do you maintain friendships with those you can't see regularly (or at all - bloggy friends in another state or country) ?
  • call them
  • email them
  • Twitter or Facebook them
  • comment on their blog diligently
  • send them a note or card via snail mail
  • visit or plan a date to meet on a set date whenever possible (if ever)
  • Tell them you are thinking of them or just think of them (it is the thought that counts)
  • Buy, make or send them something special (or post it)
It is the same the world over.We all want to be a friend of someone.We all have our own unique ways of connecting with those around us (or far away).

Some of us may be really good at keeping in contact via the Internet/email/FB /Myspace /Twitter / Unique Forums etc. Others have the enviable reputation for sending a beautiful hand-written note, card or even a handmade crafty goodie.

In real life many try to find ways (excuses) to get together for a day out, coffee or lunch...not just with real life friends but real blogging ones too.

I had a great day yesterday meeting up again with Guera, Fe, M, Tiff ... Super Sarah was going to come but she much more important things happening ...her new baby girl, Stella was born on Wednesday.

Some of us pray, some others leave comments on blogs that we read. Some follow each other on Facebook. Some make a phone call. Some days we don't have time for any of these things but of course we 'THINK' about them.

It makes me feel bad.

The key is making contact. Real... Live... Contact... being Geniuine (even via fibre optic cables or whatever waves those wireless connections use)

There are so many comments I read every day on my own and other blogs that continually remind me how valuable it is to make contact , 'connections' however we can. Be it someone next door or across the universe especially in this world where 'time' seems to be in short supply.

There is a 'young' homeless woman who sleeps in the open at the end of our street. She has a bundle of blankets/doona and evena silver tarpaulin when it rains. She has been there more than a week. Sleeping or sitting barely metres from a busy'ish local main road , near the local 'corner' (but not on a corner) shop.

I spoke to her the other day.She is maybe in her early 30's (late 20's - I am so not a good judge of age).

I get scared walking down my driveway at night ...

I mentioned her to my husband - he said she had been there longer (around the district for months) , our 15yr old son had seen her too wandering about the local shops (1-2 kms away). Another friend who lives 3-4 kms away know about her and has seen her too. She stands out because she wears a red bandana on her head. I know nothing of her history. It was the first time I recall seeing her (a few times that same week)

I laid awake at night wondering where are her friends (or family) , who cares for her ? I worry about her. I now pray for her. I am not sure why I even mentioned her. I just wonder why ?

P.S. I did offer her something but she declined ...
P.P.S. I am trying to return comments.Life is just a little busy right now. I don't believe in The Housework Fairy anymore...*sigh*



Never miss a post
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...