Tuesday 11 November 2008

No time ...

It's been a busy day. There was no time to stop to chat or comment or even look at my Google reader. *shudder*

No time to read your blogs.Sorry if I haven't visited you.

Where was I ?

Looking after two busy toddlers and my seven new kittens and their Mumma and the Toolman buried Mini in our rose garden next to Chloe (the cat I had for over 12 years).

I really had some housework and due today business tax stuff to do. I didn't even go to playgroup.

There was no time to construct a witty, intelligent and thoughtful post ...do I ever ?
I just pulled this out of my hat in the nick of time. We only made the bed at 11.30pm.

No time to write up my usual rambling comments either.

... I can tick another 100 things off my to do list at least.
I won't bore you with them all.

One of the things that I hope most for my little boys is that they have time.... enough of my time, enough cuddles, tickles and play time.

Our time with our children is so short. Their time to be a child is too short too or so it seems.

I just hope that at the end of the day, when I tuck myself in bed ... when all the seconds, minutes, hours in November 11th, 2008 have ticked off, that I feel like spent my time wisely and had some fun.

I hope that I haven't wasted too much of my precious time rushing here and there to get things done being disconnected from the people that I care most about.


Advice of the Day
  1. Pretend you are human...let others be prefect and wonderful. Be content with who you are and just recognize all that you do have and enjoy it simply for what it is, without thinking about what it is not. You'll be more relaxed if you do.
  2. Start Christmas now ...save the rush. Christmas carols , chocolates, a drink with friends have a great ability to make you feel soothed.
  3. Steal 60 secs ...when you are feeling tense go somewhere quiet to gather your thoughts, pat something ...or if you don't have a pet - rest your fingertips and opposing thumbs gently against each other and breathe slowly and deeply...allow calmness to overtake you.repeat the mantra ...I feel calmer.
See you all tomorrow.
'Lest we forget' 90 years on !


Never miss a post

10 comments :

Debbie said...

Starting Christmas early sounds brilliant and I really need to do that. Every year I say I will be done with all the hustle and bustle by Thanksgiving so I can focus on what is important.

Just Me. said...

What great advice.. Just love: allow calmness to overtake you.repeat the mantra ...I feel calmer.

Anonymous said...

I love #1. I definitely need to hear that. Thanks!

Jenn said...

New kittens?! How sweet!!

By the way, I promise I haven't forgotten about looking for my pedometers, it's just that I've had a few of those super busy days lately, too. I'll find them soon, though!

Lilly said...

Thanks Trish for that good advice. You always sound so busy yet together! You are right spending time with those boys is exactly the right thing to do. You are a great mother.

Anonymous said...

I think you did pretty good for someone trying to knock up a post in a hurry.

Allow calmness to overtake...... I like the sound of that. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the sound of all of your advice.
*sigh*

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

@ Debbie - I need to get started too yes we should focus on what is important to us..

@ Just Me. - I feel clamer today too LOL... I borrowed this "allow calmness to overtake you.repeat the mantra ...I feel calmer" ...from a book truth be told.I love it.

@ Janine - thank you.I did too.

@Jenn - I am patient -don't worry ...

@Lilly's Life - Lilly I try - some days (more than less) are a bust and I am so glad they don't know the difference...

@ Bettina - thanks - I had a few bits saved on another scheduled post(my assvice) and it just fitted so I copied and pasted it. Yes ...we all need a bit of calmness to overtake us

@ Tiff - a drink with friends and chocolates ...lets make a date.

Cathy said...

"Pretend you are human...let others be perfect and wonderful." - I LOVE THAT!! What a great quote :)

Unknown said...

"Pretend you are human"! Wow, if I could only get all my perfectionistic, people-pleasing friends, God love 'em, to adopt that mantra!
Thanks for sharing your struggles. I agree with Lilly that the time with those little ones is more importantly than any blog will ever be - you're on the right track on that one.
Seems so many young mothers are so plugged in today, all day long, and it seems sad to me.
You won't ever regret turning off the computer and phone and spending time with those little ones.
Love,
Jlo

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.