Monday 10 November 2008

hello Kitty Surprise

I was going to tell you all about my island getaway ...but I got a surprise instead.

Remember our little ball of fun fluff ...

well Matilda and some Tom D i c k or Harry are ppurrr leased to announce the arrival of
1 2 3 4

5 67
oops eight
kittens born today between 9.30am and 5pm.

We only realised she might be pregnant a few weeks ago. I ahev no idea how ...of course I know all about the cats birds and bees -I never saw her come into 'season'.

I am glad I only have twins. Every time I turned my back she popped out another one (because cats eat the placenta).

Sadly
the tiniest last born looks like they won't make it. They are so,so tiny. I have never seen kittens being born either.

Email now to reserve the kitten of your dreams...they are so cute.

Assvice of the day.
  1. Don't procrastinate ... getting your cat desexed .... do it today !
  2. "A kitten provides a child with a sleepover friend every night."
  3. Laugh off at quotes like this ...
I've never understood why women love cats. Cats are independent, they don't listen, they don't come in when you call, they like to stay out all night, and when they're home they like to be left alone and sleep. In other words, every quality that women hate in a man, they love in a cat
Smile at this one
A kitten is in the animal world what a rosebud is in the garden.” ~ Robert Southey (English Poet and Writer of prose. 1774-1843)

Remember the Engineer's Guide to Cats



Never miss a post

19 comments :

Pencil Writer said...

Kittens? Wow! 8 Kittens, 8*Wow! They are precious and fun and so much fun to watch growing up. But, as you hinted, there is the day they have to find new homes. Enjoy their tiny, furry sweetness while you can and good luck on finding all new homes at the proper time. :-}

Lori's Light Extemporanea said...

Oooooooooooooh! They're so cuuuuute! My twins and I are adoring them from afar.

Debbie said...

Oh, I hope the smallest ones make it. How sad. But they are adorable. And yes, we love cats. Hard to explain but we do.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

@pencil writer ...hoping my teenage son sends out the word on his myspace and msn ...and Santa has extra space in his sleigh.

@Lori...thank you my twins are amazed by them too...from afar LOL that is as close as I let them get.

@Debbie ..sad news 'Mini' didn't make it. ^i^.
Yes we do love cats.

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish,

Nice to "meet" you :)

Those kittens are adorable.

Liz said...

Ahh! What do the twins think of them?

Melody said...

Oh kittens are sooooo cute....but then they turn into cats. (Sorry, I am not a cat person!)

alicia said...

AWE!!! kittens!!!

Crazyness, it is my cats birthday today too! But he is 3, not small and itsy like these little ones :)

M said...

How gorgeous. I'm an all-animal person so I think they'll be gorgeous when they grow up too!

Anonymous said...

Cute, very cute.

Anonymous said...

Eight? EIGHT? I have never seen a litter of more than 6! Obviously I haven't been looking.

I suspect our cat is pregnant too. Sigh.

Your advice about get your cat desexed? Good advice that.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

@marmiteandtea - great you dropped by. Thank you - yes they are so sweet.


@womb for improvement - they are in love with them and I have to keep lifting them up to see them... (we have barricaded them in bathroom for the first week)


@Melody - yes - like cute kids grow into feral teens..then adults.Oh well we keep having them.

@alicia : Happy birthday to your Boy

@ M : thank you !So am I.

@ rhubarbwhine : yes it's hard to photograph cuteness too.

@ Veronica : I know I was only expecting 2-5. The last little bitsy one was half the size of the first and it died overnight but the others are all looking good.
... if you suspect it she probably is I was told.
My assvice was too late and I should have followed it myself hehe. I was warned.

Hey it's Amy Benson said...

I understand what you are going through, this time last year my doggie got out & got knocked up by a junk yard dog. She had 8 puppies. I had never seen puppies born before! They made great Christmas gifts! :D I love your music... I hope the littlest kitten makes it!

Louisa Claire said...

Oh, They are sooooo sweet! Would love to help you out and take one but a) my husband would kill me b) see 'a' c) we have a cat d) we don't live in NSW. Sorry and Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! I've never seen kittens born, but eating the placenta I think I could do without. I'm a huge cat fan and would take one if I lived closer (live in California, USA). Thank you for sharing the beauty of a miracle!

Anonymous said...

the kitty's are gorgeous.

Mummy cats are amazing creatures.

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness, how cute!

Gill said...

Oh they are SO cute! How exciting for you :-)

Jem said...

Looking for a blog in 2008 that made me laugh and boy, did I find it. Mr. Jem and I have 2 cats. We've never tried to generate electricity, tho.

Or yoddle.

Jem

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.