Wednesday 23 April 2008

Revive our hearts... day 2

Day Two: 30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge for Wives
"...through love serve one another." Gal. 5:13b

My husband has a great attitude about serving me all of us ... I ask and he usually does it. Truly ! He will do anything for anyone and he is a jack of all trades.He has worked our own business for 17 years.He has built us a home before and renovated several.Before the twins were born we worked full-time together (he was sleeping with the BOSS LOL) and we shared all the housework {60/40}.

He vacuums, cleans, washes {I hang it on line 8/10}, helps fold clean clothes, washes the floors {I have weak ankles} and makes our bed with clean sheets every week [wash sheets Sunday and they go back on bed - usually we don't remake till Sunday night] He even loves mowing the lawn .His number is ...oh dang I forget No you can't have his email address.

He helps me cook but can manage a full meal with instructions on his own and he does the dishes ... he changes nappies and even quirts the poop off our cloth nappies (the ones he changes anyway 6/10 on this - loses points for the days I find poopy nappies in the bucket).

He is a KEEPER ! ... what am I doing while he does all of this .... ummm nursing the Brothers individually ...it takes time ... while blogging and barking orders or working on something else *sniggers*.

I know his mother was so xxxxxx (she doesn't swear but I can't think of a word that works ) that he was getting married and she would lose her cleaner ...she credits training him but what she started I improved on. He was born so tidy - he folded the umbilical cord neatly on his way out.

He is great Dad and I couldn't dream of a better man ... okay get back off the floor and stop heaving. It is true ... why would I lie (except straight in bed right ! and I can't even do that well)

Ok, he does have a few unfinished projects onmy to do list but a guy has to eat, sleep and 'go' potty sometimes.

He has other strengths too but I know you are jealous have had enough and I don't want you to break the 10th commandment. ... do not covet.

My challenge today was to serve him ... I gave him a massage with our kick @rse Homedics massager and a different scalp massager. He loved it and I even spent time off line tonight too and he noticed.

See more Revive our heart posts.

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

What a good guy. I guess we wer blessed with awesome husbands!

Anonymous said...

My hubby does the floors too. He does all the 'heavier' work that might throw my pelvis out. But he's a sharing sorta guy anyhow when it comes to housework.

It's great that he's noticing your effort. Well done!

Hey it's Amy Benson said...

Way to praise your husband! I need to practice praise more...

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that I am not the only one that writes a to do list for my husband. Looks like the challenge is going well!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

So far - a did raise the heckles tonight but I am only 10% way ...

Crazed Nitwit said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm maybe I should try this. I can tell my dh is getting annoyed at me. Just the usual he does everything I do nothing kind of thing. I honestly don't do much so he does have reason to get irked.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh the massagers sounds awesome!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.