Monday 28 April 2008

Money Moanday

Revive our hearts ~ Day Seven:
"Do not overwork to be rich; because of your own understanding, cease!...for riches certainly make themselves wings..." Prov. 23:4-5
"That I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth, that I may fill their treasuries."
Proverbs 8:21

Money is the root of much marital discord. Ask yourself, "Am I being negative toward my husband in the area of finances?"
Yes... I am a tightwad and I have always been the one to handle most of the finances. We share all our money and we have shared a joint account always. We spend freely and wisely most of the time.

This is one area I will have to work harder to encourage him ... and remember not to say anything negative in the process - I bombed tonight again.

He is a little weak in the area of keeping track of his spending. I can be too.I appreciate his generous spirit and his hard work earning our money.

This challenge prompted me today to nag challenge him.No, I didn't yell much but I really hassled him over what has ? he been spending money on - he didn't know - arghhhh!

He is a usually a wise spender but likes "Hardware" stores and often buys things we don't need ... or I think so.

I have been informally committed to the

I am continuing it through May as much as I can. I will encourage him to help me and ask for his input before I make decisions that will affect him.

I worry now, since we have basically half the income we had since S & J were born, how we will make ends meet our savings have dwindled.

I worry too much.I have to let go and trust him to provide.

Though -I am still going to be a tightwad ...

3 comments :

Crazed Nitwit said...

The proper word is frugal or thrifty as us Scots like to say.(I'm part Scottish among several other heritage country).

Here in America it's very difficult not to buy things we truly do not need. Everything screams at us to buy, buy, buy. TV, radio, internet. Except for my recent decorating spree, I tend to focus on needs mostly. We don't do credit card debt unless it's something we will pay off w/in a month.

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

I struggle with the worrying, the nagging, and occasionally the spending. I understand.

Gypsy said...

Oh, I struggle with this too - both the spending and the tightwaddishness, I swing between the two with alarming regularlity. The buy nothing challenge has been great for me, but I think I spent more this month than usual becaues I was thinking about it so much more!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.