Monday, 28 April 2008

Money Moanday

Revive our hearts ~ Day Seven:
"Do not overwork to be rich; because of your own understanding, cease!...for riches certainly make themselves wings..." Prov. 23:4-5
"That I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth, that I may fill their treasuries."
Proverbs 8:21

Money is the root of much marital discord. Ask yourself, "Am I being negative toward my husband in the area of finances?"
Yes... I am a tightwad and I have always been the one to handle most of the finances. We share all our money and we have shared a joint account always. We spend freely and wisely most of the time.

This is one area I will have to work harder to encourage him ... and remember not to say anything negative in the process - I bombed tonight again.

He is a little weak in the area of keeping track of his spending. I can be too.I appreciate his generous spirit and his hard work earning our money.

This challenge prompted me today to nag challenge him.No, I didn't yell much but I really hassled him over what has ? he been spending money on - he didn't know - arghhhh!

He is a usually a wise spender but likes "Hardware" stores and often buys things we don't need ... or I think so.

I have been informally committed to the

I am continuing it through May as much as I can. I will encourage him to help me and ask for his input before I make decisions that will affect him.

I worry now, since we have basically half the income we had since S & J were born, how we will make ends meet our savings have dwindled.

I worry too much.I have to let go and trust him to provide.

Though -I am still going to be a tightwad ...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...