Friday 25 April 2008

Lest we forget - Grateful Friday

Today is Anzac day - in Australia it is a public holiday.
We pause and remember - the unsung heroes.Today I'm grateful for the Anzacs.



They shall grow not old
As we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them
Not the years condemn
At the going down of the sun, and in the morning
We will remember them
Lest we forget


Revive our hearts ...
Day Four:
"...let him labor, working with his hands what is good..." Eph. 4:28

M - has managed our own business for over 13 years.He worked for himself before that too. Having your own business is hard and constant 52 weeks a year, 6 days a week (Sundays we have always had as Church/family day) and 24/7 on call -though we don't as many after hours interruptions now. We even can get away for a few short breaks with staff holding the fort.

I am in awe of M's motivation to get out of bed each day. Some days I didn't work if I felt like a day off... M never had much opportunity to do this and never complained
(well not too much).M has determination, persistence, strength and good organizational skills. He is good with people, a good listener I never shut up , patient especially with me with all people .

It has been hard work for M since I left almost 2 years when S & J were born.M has still kept the business running. I work from home doing a bit of our tax,wages and some administration.

At times the stress of certain things has caused me to yell at him about paperwork not done.I fuel heated arguments between us over things not done to my expectations (paperwork) but I am learning to accept things more... to ease off my obsessiveness and control.

I am so grateful he has been a hard working man
but still has time to help at home.


6 comments :

Lilly said...

What a wonderful post this is - honest, heartfelt and so meaningful. And lest we forget indeed. Thanks Trish.

Unknown said...

Wonderful post, Trish! You're right. There are so many things we ought to be thankful for...especially for our wonderful hubbies :)

Great of you to take the time to remember those unsung heroes. We've got Remembrance Day in Canada to remember those who fought for our country.

P.S. We have our own businesses too, so I can relate! It is hard work!

Suzie said...

You sounds very lucky to have your wonderful M

Rebecca said...

Wow, it sounds like the two of your work very well together. This was a very sweet post.

Happy Friday!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish,

I couldn't find your email address so I'm answering your catechism question in a comment! You can find a good Children's Catechism here:

http://www.reformed.org/documents/index.html?mainframe=http://www.reformed.org/documents/cat_for_young_children.html

I changed it up slightly to make it easier (the boys were 18 months when I started). I left out the first two words of the answers for questions 2 & 3. We're working on 4 now and the answer is Love and Obey Him.

Hope this helps :)

Crazed Nitwit said...

I'm enjoying this appreciate your man for a month thing. I looked at the web site last night but hubby was annoying the heck out of me so not the best time to read. I'm sure you can relate to that irksome presence of too much testosterone dripping down the walls.....

Hugs babe.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.