My favourite Green H o T tips
- When shopping look for products that come in a reusable container or one you can recycle. Also products with minimal packaging.
- Use rechargeable batteries especially in high maintenance items kids toys and radios.
- Change your party habits - use washable plates and cups or next best paper - ditch the plastic disposable stuff or at least reduce the use of it - wash and re-use things like cutlery again.
- Repair more things rather than throwing them away automatically - if the fault is minor or fixable and you can't
be botheredlive with it offer it up on Freecycle(It is Worldwide) -someone might be able to use them as spare parts.
- Use Less washing powder - unless the load is really grubby half as much works (even on really cr@ppy cloth nappies ).Consider that a Front loader uses less powder and water if you are upgrading.
- Use Reusable Shopping Bags ... green or any other new trendy coloured ones. Recycle any plastic bags you do get given.
- Compost all your scraps including tea and coffee grounds (feed decomposed scraps to your worms and/or the vegetable stuff to neighbour's chickens )
- Drink tap water in a reusable bottle - Clean up Australia estimates only 35% of empty bottled water bottles are recycled - plus there are no extra carbon costs for transportation and emissions.
- Your turn ... what green tips can you share ?