Sunday 18 November 2007

Good news and sad news ... circle of life

In the space of 2-3 days I have had some very good and bad news from friends and family on the baby front.

My lovely Internet friend , Z who I met IRL in March and again last week text ed me Thursday (after we had dinner with them in Queensland) that her pregnancy test was positive .Z, I hope you don't mind me sharing this exciting news.Woo hoo ! Z , has shared with me the journey after losing her little boy not long after I lost my daughter.Z has a little girl, E turning 1 next week.

My equally lovely Internet friend N , who had a big of scare with pre cancerous cells in her uterus - got the all clear after pathology results this week. Yahoo ! After a D & C where she could have had to undergo a hysterectomy.Now she is undergoing fertility treatment she is doing ovulation induction with insemination for this cycle. I am so happy for her truly. She has a wonderful spirit and enormous strength.

Another dear Internet friend MM is hopefully back on the IVF horse and has her little one on board , as of this week so sticky vibes and I wish you the world of luck my friend.

Sadly, yesterday I received an email from another real life friend that she had a miscarriage the same day she had her 5th pregnancy confirmed (she was about 6 wks). She said
Its certainly not as traumatic as the last time – I hardly had time to get used to the idea – but any little one lost is still sad


Then tonight my I heard my cousin had a miscarriage @8wks , she has a little girl 14 months. I didn't know she was pregnant though.

So at the same time I feel a mixture of elation and joy as well as sadness for little lives lost.I know that some people think it is just life that this happens but I still feel the sadness for the lost hope and dreams of a life with that child.

Somebody said
It was all for the best,
That something was probably wrong,
Somebody said
It was meant to be,
Different verse,
Same miserable song.
Somebody said
"You can have another",
As if that would make it alright.
Somebody said
"It was not a real child".
Somebody's not very bright,
Somebody thinks it's helpful,
To say when grieving should end.
Somebody shows their true colours,
Somebody isn't a friend.
But somebody said "I'm sorry",
And sat quietly by my side,
And somebody shared my sorrow,
And held my hand when I cried.
And somebody always listened,
And called my lost baby by name,
And somebody understood,
That I'd never be the same again.



For those few weeks,
i had you to myself.
And that seems too short a time
to be changed so profoundly.

In those few weeks,
i came to know you,,,
and to love you.
You came to trust me with your life.
Oh, what a life i had planned for you!

Just those few weeks,
When I lost you,
I lost a lifetime of hopes,
plans, dreams and aspirations,,,
A slice of my future simply vanished overnight.

Just those few weeks,
it wasn't enough time to convince others
how special and important you were.
How odd, a truly unique person has recently died
and no one is mourning the passing.

Just a mere few weeks,
And no "normal" person would cry all night
over a tiny, unfinished baby,
or get depressed and withdraw day after endless day.
No one would, so why am I?

You were just those few weeks my little one
you darted in and out of life too quickly.
But it seems that's all the time you needed
to make my life so much richer
and give me a small glimpse of eternity.



True, it is the way it is but I pray the other little ones above get to stay. I am so thankful for my boys.

2 comments :

Veronica Foale said...

Congratulations for the good news!

I am sorry to hear about the miscarriages. It is very hard.

Anonymous said...

Oh Trish,
It is always sad when bad things happen to good people.
Nice that there is some good news in there to balance things out.

Thinking of you

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Please know that even when I do not respond specifically to your comment - I treasure each comment made and consider it a thoughtful act of friendship.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=14131376#othersettings
So what do you have to say ? Share with me ...
add your ingredients to this recipe we call life.